Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thoughts on Gratitude, by Tamara Treviranus, LifeWays Caregiver

As I have reflected on the concept of gratitude over the past couple weeks, it has become clear to me that this idea is one that, for me, evokes emotional, poetic images, vignettes of life. A life imbued with gratitude is a gift to oneself that radiates warmth both inwardly and outwardly. Each day I try to be thankful for the little things. Thank you to Spirit for awakening me each day and thank you for the opportunity to Awaken to each moment. Remembering to have gratitude for all that we have and knowing that it is enough provides a secure, satisfied feeling.

It is said in multiple spiritual practices that one should try to look at life through the eyes of a child. I’m thankful that my time here with the children at Lifeways gives me ample time to do that. This practice can be an exercise in inspiring awe and wonder at the simple natural wonders of the world. This simplicity in living encourages us to be more appreciative of our everyday routines; gratitude inspired mindfulness or vice versa. It seems they go hand in hand. Even the rhythm of Lifeways provides time to pause for a moment of gratitude before each meal. This is a practice that has carried over into our home life through my children and it has really enriched our mealtimes spent together.

Thank you to all of you for entrusting us with the care of your children. I am truly enjoying this time with the children of Ms. Jaimmie’s suite while she is on her maternity leave and am thankful that the connections with the children of the Woodland suite still remain.

Peace and Blessings,

Miss Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment